Are eclipses caused by Rahu?
Question: The Vedas say that eclipse is caused by a person named Rahu, but modern science says that it is due to one celestial object covering another. How do we understand this?
To hear the audio answer, please click on this link:
The below brief point-wise summary is meant only for quick preview or review. To get the complete and coherent answer, please hear the audio.
- What we can see depends on our qualification (eg. Computer with limited user access) and our scale of observation (eg. Grey powder seen as under a microscope to comprise white and black particles).
- Just as science asks for the faith that 95% of the cosmos comprises of dark matter and dark energy that is intrinsically unobservable, the Vedic wisdom asks for the faith that the universe comprises not just matter and its interaction, but conscious beings overseeing those interactions.
- Just as modern cosmology works in terms of predicting eclipses, so does Vedic cosmology based on the orbit of Rahu which is a planet that is invisible due to being light non-reflecting as given in the Jyotisha Shastras.
- The Vedic explanation doesn’t contradict, but parallels the scientific explanation.
For further understanding, please read:
- The article: “The moon mission” on this site at https://www.thespiritualscientist.com/2011/10/did-man-go-to-the-moon/
- The book “Vedic Cosmography” by Dr Richard L Thompson on