Is the Gita relevant today?
1. “We have guided missiles and misguided men …” We need inner mastery to complement the outer control provided by technology.
2. The Gita’s setting demonstrates the necessity of inner mastery.
3. The Gita’s message takes us beyond material appearance to spiritual substance and brings clarity and strength.
4. Gita is yoga-shastra – it connects us with higher spiritual realities and provides inexhaustible hope. eg. anchored boat
5. Arjuna’s Gandiva bow – initially lowered (1.46) and finally upraised (18.76) – signifies our determination and the Gita’s capacity to boost our morale. Quotes of Thoreau, Emerson and Gandhiji.