Why was Duryodhana born with so much power when he had such evil tendencies? (and 4 other questions about Duryodhana)
From Sridham Vrindavan Das
In regards to the Mahabharata lectures series you have been presenting. I have several questions are based on Duryodhan as follows
- During Duryodhan’s birth it is mentioned that there were several inauspious signs present & the sages arrived on the scene to speck to Gandhari to encourage her to abort this child who will be a cause of great misfortune to many people. My question is why do such personalities have to be born with confirmed cause to disaster to the civilization…& they seem to have the opportunities & facilities in their lives to cause disasters to others..?
- Why did lord Balaram accept Duryodhan as a disciple to teach him the art of Club fighting , when Duryodhan was always wicked to everyone ?
- Is Duryodhan also known as Kali dev the diety of the present time Kaliyuga ?
- It is mentioned that Lord Krishna displayed a universal form to duryodhan to encourage him to not to start the Mahabharata war with panadavas, If Duryodhan saw this form then why is he later questioning Bhishma about Lord Krishna’s eternal position ?
- In the end when Yudisthir Maharaj enters through the doors of heaven, Narada Muni receives him. Later Yudhisthir maharaja sees Duryodhan in heaven also & question about this to Narada muni in which he receives an explanation that Duryodhan is also in heaven because he was not a coward during his time on earth , is this true ? it seems hard to believe such a personality getting through heaven easily compared to the hardships & penances the pandavas took up to atone after the war ?